WEISSLICH Vol. 9 featured two evenings of brand new experimental music and performance by some really good musicians from the US and UK. Events took place in Manchester (The Wonder Inn) and London (STYX) featuring:
- the New York-based experimental music supergroup Ensemble Pamplemousse’s first UK appearance presenting pieces composed and performed by members of the band;
- Berlin and UK-based Antonia Barnett-McIntosh & Emma Bennett’s vocal collaboration Accent;
- and Miami-based maverick Robert Blatt’s experiments with sound and documentation.
Video taster courtesy of Huw Crowley
Photos from concert in Manchester courtesy of Ruta Skudraite
Photos from concert in London courtesy of Dimitri Djuric
- Mancunian Matters’ Katherine Giddins Interviews Ensemble Pamplemousse’s Jessie Marino
- Weisslich takes place alongside vegan Mexican pop-up stand Los Antojitos at Wonder Inn
- Manchester Confidential lists Weisslich as top ten event in Manchester January-February 2017
Both events were supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.